184 items found, showing page 5 of 16
New plan to equip today’s children and workers with the skills needed to work in the ‘net zero’ jobs of tomorrow
- New net zero skills plan sets out vision of the role skills will play in moving Wales away from the fossil-fuelled economy of the past to a new low carbon future, as part of a just transition.
- Net zero jobs will become the cornerstone of the new industries of the future, that very likely don’t yet exist.
- Economy Minister launches new plan to ensure today’s children and workers will have the skills required to work in the new jobs of tomorrow’s net zero economy.
New milk processing facility for Pembrokeshire: Welsh Government and Pembrokeshire County Council secure new jobs and investment at Pembrokeshire Food Park
The Welsh Government and Pembrokeshire County Council have completed the sale of land to a Pembrokeshire-based company for the development of a new milk-processing facility in the county, as part of a multi-million-pound investment.
- New innovation strategy sets out aspiration for Wales to be a leading, innovation-based nation.
- Strategy focuses on ensuring innovative new technologies are developed to help solve the biggest challenges facing communities, ensuring those solutions reach every part of society.
- Through collaboration, the aim is to bring about better healthcare, tackling the climate and nature emergencies and creating better jobs and prosperity for businesses, universities, and local communities.
A new scheme which aims to support over 10,500 people who are in recovery from substance or alcohol misuse, or have mental ill-health, to get into education, training or work has been launched by the Welsh Government.
Helping businesses cut energy costs: Welsh Government and Development Bank launch new Green Business Loan Scheme
A major new loan scheme to support businesses in Wales cut their energy costs by taking steps to become greener and more energy efficient has been launched today by the Welsh Government and Development Bank of Wales.
Community-run broadband project in Michaelston Y Fedw successfully extends reach of faster broadband thanks to Welsh Government investment
A community-run broadband scheme in a rural village between Cardiff and Newport has successfully extended faster and more reliable broadband connections to even more members of the local community thanks to £525,000 funding from the Welsh Government.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science: Economy Minister visits University of South Wales to meet the growing numbers of women leaders in science [copy]
Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has marked International Day of Women and Girls in Science with visit to the University of South Wales (USW) forensic laboratory to meet with a growing number of women working in science, engineering, and maths (STEM) and to encourage more women and girls to consider a career in the sciences.
- Economy Minister publishes annual report on first year of flagship Young Person’s Guarantee, designed to help young people into work and reduce youth unemployment.
- Minister confirms extra support for young people taking part in Jobs Growth Wales + programmes, that are struggling with the cost-of-living crisis – from extra support for traveling costs to free meals
North Wales Minister Lesley Griffiths has praised a Deeside company which is a trusted leader in marine, offshore and infrastructure solutions, offering cutting-edge safety systems for the transfer of oil and gas from cargo ships to the shore.
A young man with additional learning needs who is particularly passionate about ice hockey, is helping community sport clubs in north-east Wales boost the number of people taking part in sport by becoming an apprentice sports coach, thanks to the support of the Welsh Government’s shared apprenticeship scheme.
Gigabit? Gigalot! Consultation opens on proposals to require all new homes built with download speeds of 1Gbps
The Minister for Economy Vaughan Gething and the Minister for Climate Change Julie James have announced a consultation into proposals to require housing developers to ensure all new build houses be equipped with gigabit broadband capability.
Ten years since its launch, Business Wales has supported more than 390,000 entrepreneurs and businesses, assisted the creation of over 19,000 new start-ups and directly helped to create nearly 47,000 jobs in the Welsh economy.