141 items found, showing page 2 of 12
Thousands of young people in Wales helped to find work under flagship Welsh Government scheme
- Economy Minister publishes annual report on first year of flagship Young Person’s Guarantee, designed to help young people into work and reduce youth unemployment.
- Minister confirms extra support for young people taking part in Jobs Growth Wales + programmes, that are struggling with the cost-of-living crisis – from extra support for traveling costs to free meals
Trelleborg growth a testament to North Wales facilities and skills
North Wales Minister Lesley Griffiths has praised a Deeside company which is a trusted leader in marine, offshore and infrastructure solutions, offering cutting-edge safety systems for the transfer of oil and gas from cargo ships to the shore.
National Apprenticeship Week: Economy Minister urges businesses to take on an apprentice
A young man with additional learning needs who is particularly passionate about ice hockey, is helping community sport clubs in north-east Wales boost the number of people taking part in sport by becoming an apprentice sports coach, thanks to the support of the Welsh Government’s shared apprenticeship scheme.
Gigabit? Gigalot! Consultation opens on proposals to require all new homes built with download speeds of 1Gbps
The Minister for Economy Vaughan Gething and the Minister for Climate Change Julie James have announced a consultation into proposals to require housing developers to ensure all new build houses be equipped with gigabit broadband capability.
Business Wales – 10 years of supporting business growth in Wales
Ten years since its launch, Business Wales has supported more than 390,000 entrepreneurs and businesses, assisted the creation of over 19,000 new start-ups and directly helped to create nearly 47,000 jobs in the Welsh economy.
Economy Minister unveils busy programme of international trade missions for Spring 2023
Economy Minister, Vaughan Gething, has today unveiled a packed programme of Welsh Government international trade missions for spring 2023, lending his support to Welsh businesses travelling the world in the next few months to develop their exports.
Economy Minister calls on UK Government to commit to a long-term and stable economic strategy for sustainable growth
The UK Government must urgently provide a stable, long-term strategy to tackle the urgent economic challenges facing Wales and the UK, Economy Minister, Vaughan Gething will say today.
Professor Jas Pal Badyal appointed Chief Scientific Adviser for Wales
An internationally recognised research chemist, Professor Jas Pal Badyal FRS, has been appointed as the Welsh Government’s Chief Scientific Adviser.
Welsh Government unveils major plans for national nuclear medicine laboratory in north Wales
- Welsh Government’s Project ARTHUR would see the creation of a public sector National Laboratory for the supply of medical radioisotopes – needed for the diagnosis and treatment of diseases such as cancer.
- Facility would be a global centre of excellence in nuclear medicine, making Wales the leading location for medical radioisotope production in the UK.
- Development will lead to the creation of highly skilled jobs over several decades.
- Economy Minister calls on the UK Government to help fund the project to avoid a “future health and economic crisis.”
Visit Wales announces Llwybrau/Wales by Trails. Which trail will you choose in 2023?
Visit Wales is inviting visitors and the people of Wales to be a Trail Taker and curate their own epic trails in Wales during 2023.
Welsh goods export values recover to beyond pre-pandemic levels to total £19.4 billion
Goods export values by Welsh businesses have recovered beyond pre-pandemic levels and totalled £19.4 billion for the year ending September 2022 , an increase of more than a third compared to the previous 12-month period and £1.7 billion higher than the year ending September 2019, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Deeside site on Rolls Royce SMR shortlist
. The inclusion of the Gateway site in Deeside on the shortlist of three sites for the Rolls Royce SMR factory to produce key components for Small Modular Reactors (SMRs), shows the strength of the skills and expertise in North Wales, Ministers have said.