158 items found, showing page 7 of 14
Welsh Government action resolves Baglan Energy Park power cut threat
- Baglan Energy Park customers faced having their electricity cut off when the owners of a private wire network went into compulsory liquidation.
- Welsh Government launched legal action to prevent UK Government’s Official Receiver from switching off power supply & invested over £4m to build new electricity networks.
- Intervention protects businesses that would have been impacted by the loss of power, potentially jeopardising up to 1,200 local jobs, and the local environment due to the risk of floods.
Economy Minister visits growing Welsh space sector
- Minister’s space sector tour comes as first made-in-Wales satellite prepares to launch into space later this summer.
- Wales attracting new space firms – with Welsh Government support playing a crucial role in their early success.
- Space industry jobs could transform Welsh economy.
“Making amazing things happen in unusual and unlikely places” - Economy Minister launches new ambitious events strategy for Wales
A new strategy to help create jobs and spread economic prosperity by encouraging a wide range of successful, sustainable and authentically Welsh events right across Wales has been launched today by the Economy Minister, Vaughan Gething.
Toyota Deeside Innovation celebrated on National Manufacturing Day
New aluminium furnaces, which will play a key part in cutting carbon emissions at Toyota’s Deeside plant, were officially turned on today by Economy Minister Vaughan Gething as he marked National Manufacturing Day.
Powys businesses to expand operations at new site and create new skilled jobs with Welsh Government support
A Powys staircase manufacturer is expanding its operations at a new site, helping to safeguard jobs and create new skilled employment opportunities thanks to support from the Welsh Government, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Lots to see and do: Welsh Government supporting Love Trails, Gower, Long Course Weekend, Pembrokeshire and Snowdonia Trail Marathon
The Welsh Government, through Event Wales, is supporting a summer of exciting cultural and sporting events across the nation, set against iconic Welsh landscapes.
£8.5m Welsh Government investment in major new industrial scheme in Ebbw Vale
The Welsh Government is investing £8.5 million in building significant new industrial space in Blaenau Gwent aimed at attracting leading businesses to the area, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Teeing off to export success
During a busy time in the golfing season, Asbri Golf is celebrating further business success with made-in-Wales golfing products being sold to new markets globally, thanks to export support from the Welsh Government.
Employee Ownership Day: Economy Minister sets out plans to double the number of employee-owned businesses in Wales
The Welsh Government wants to double the number of businesses in Wales that are owned by their employees, and is committed to providing greater support for worker buyouts to ensure Wales-based companies remain in Welsh hands, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething said today to mark Employee Ownership Day.
Wales – the real ‘Dragon’s Den’: Welsh Government to support 1,200 young people to start their own business
- Economy Minister commits £5 million to foster new culture of entrepreneurialism among young people in Wales.
- Plan part of Welsh Government mission to make Wales a place where more young people feel confident in planning their future.
AMRC Cymru hosts project to boost productivity and cut emissions
An innovative research and development project to improve the productivity and environmental performance of businesses in the aerospace and food and drink sectors is taking place at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Cymru in Broughton.
Japan Delegation sees North Wales low-carbon energy potential
A delegation of representatives from the Japanese Wind Power Association have been visiting North Wales this week to see some of the exciting developments under way in the region