141 items found, showing page 6 of 12
Lots to see and do: Welsh Government supporting Love Trails, Gower, Long Course Weekend, Pembrokeshire and Snowdonia Trail Marathon
The Welsh Government, through Event Wales, is supporting a summer of exciting cultural and sporting events across the nation, set against iconic Welsh landscapes.
£8.5m Welsh Government investment in major new industrial scheme in Ebbw Vale
The Welsh Government is investing £8.5 million in building significant new industrial space in Blaenau Gwent aimed at attracting leading businesses to the area, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Teeing off to export success
During a busy time in the golfing season, Asbri Golf is celebrating further business success with made-in-Wales golfing products being sold to new markets globally, thanks to export support from the Welsh Government.
Employee Ownership Day: Economy Minister sets out plans to double the number of employee-owned businesses in Wales
The Welsh Government wants to double the number of businesses in Wales that are owned by their employees, and is committed to providing greater support for worker buyouts to ensure Wales-based companies remain in Welsh hands, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething said today to mark Employee Ownership Day.
Wales – the real ‘Dragon’s Den’: Welsh Government to support 1,200 young people to start their own business
- Economy Minister commits £5 million to foster new culture of entrepreneurialism among young people in Wales.
- Plan part of Welsh Government mission to make Wales a place where more young people feel confident in planning their future.
AMRC Cymru hosts project to boost productivity and cut emissions
An innovative research and development project to improve the productivity and environmental performance of businesses in the aerospace and food and drink sectors is taking place at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Cymru in Broughton.
Japan Delegation sees North Wales low-carbon energy potential
A delegation of representatives from the Japanese Wind Power Association have been visiting North Wales this week to see some of the exciting developments under way in the region
New vision to secure a bright future for Wales’ retail sector
- New vision sets out how the Welsh Government, the retail sector and trade unions will work together to develop a successful, innovative, sustainable and resilient sector.
- Retail is Wales’ biggest private sector employer - providing jobs to more than 114,000 people across the country.
- Vision sets out ambitions to ensure retail remains at the heart of Welsh communities by offering people fair work and real career opportunities.
- Includes measures to help the sector overcome workforce recruitment and retention challenges caused by the Covid pandemic and the UK’s exit from the EU, alongside the impact on operating costs and consumer habits caused by the cost-of-living crisis.
New flagship programme to help more people into work with “support as unique as you”
- New £13.25m a year scheme to provide tailored support to help people into work across Wales
- ReAct+ will also provide employers with wage and training support for newly-employed staff
- The programme is part of wider Welsh Government plans to help more people into and stay in work
A new flagship Welsh Government programme, which will provide personalised support to people who are not currently in education, training or employment to find and stay in work has been launched today by Economy Minister Vaughan Gething.
Supporting Swansea entrepreneurs and accommodation developments.
Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has seen for himself how Welsh Government funding is helping local entrepreneurs develop new, high-quality accommodation in Swansea and Mumbles.
Barry company secures major export deal to supply breathalysers to Finland
A Welsh firm which created the world’s first electronic breathalyser has secured a major export deal to supply hundreds of breath testing instruments to the Finnish Government, thanks to export support from the Welsh Government.