303 items found, showing page 1 of 26
Wales edges closer to target with 20 millionth tree planted in Uganda
A tree growing programme aiming to tackle the climate emergency is celebrating after a landmark 20 million Welsh Government-funded trees were planted in Uganda.
COP27: ‘No time to rest’, says Minister for Climate Change
Minister for Climate Change Julie James has told world leaders there is “no time to rest” as the UN Conference on Climate Change meets for the 27th time in Egypt.
New research shows 20mph speed limit could save Wales £100 million in first year
A new 20mph default speed limit in communities across Wales could save £100m as deaths and injuries are reduced, according to new research.
COP27: Minister for Climate Change Julie James will tell world leaders there is “no time to rest” as the UN Conference on Climate Change begins in Egypt.
A year on from COP26 in Glasgow and a year after the Welsh Government published its Net Zero plan, a wide range of climate policies have been introduced in Wales, such as the plans for a renewable public energy developer to provide long-term energy security which sees profits reinvested to benefit the people of Wales.
‘A Christmas Welcome’ – First Minister launches annual Christmas Card Competition
First Minister Mark Drakeford is asking budding young artists to put their creative hats on and enter this year’s Christmas card competition.
New Healthcare Centre of Excellence for Gwynedd: Siemens Healthineers to upgrade Llanberis facility and invest in new jobs with Welsh Government support
- Siemens Healthineers to launch new centre of excellence in healthcare technology in Llanberis, with Welsh Government support.
- The centre of excellence will focus on research and development and manufacturing.
- The new facility will help consolidate manufacturing of Siemens Healthineers IMMULITE® blood analysis technology at the Llanberis site.
- The investment will safeguard 400 jobs and create close to 100 high-quality jobs with an average salary significantly above the local area average.
- The announcement comes as Siemens Healthineers celebrates 30 years in Llanberis.
WELSH MUSEUMS FESTIVAL HAS HALF TERM COVERED
This week, museums across Wales are offering an inspirational half term for all as Welsh Museums Festival enters its second week.
“We are investing in the lives of those who need a helping hand,” says Social Justice Minister after meeting with care leavers benefitting from Basic Income pilot scheme
“We are investing in the lives of young people who need a helping hand to achieve their potential,” Social Justice Minister Jane Hutt has vowed after meeting with those taking part in a Basic Income pilot scheme in North Wales.
Pay rise and new contract for GPs in Wales
Health Minister, Eluned Morgan, has announced a new contract agreement with GPs in Wales, which will deliver the most significant reform of the contract since 2004.
Minister looks forward to ‘bright industrial future’ for site set to home new global rail centre
- Minister for the Economy confirms the acquisition of land allowing contractors to prepare for construction of UK’s first Net Zero Railway
- The site will become the UK’s ‘one stop shop’ for railway innovation
- The first phase of the masterplan construction is expected to be completed by the middle of 2025.
Next three year plan launched to transform pharmacy in Wales
Updated goals for the pharmacy profession have been published today, as the transformation of pharmaceutical care in Wales continues.
Free digital platform is music to the ears of teachers and pupils
Every child and young person in Wales will have free access to a new bilingual digital music platform to help them discover their first musical notes.