210 items found, showing page 9 of 18
“Making amazing things happen in unusual and unlikely places” - Economy Minister launches new ambitious events strategy for Wales
A new strategy to help create jobs and spread economic prosperity by encouraging a wide range of successful, sustainable and authentically Welsh events right across Wales has been launched today by the Economy Minister, Vaughan Gething.
New aluminium furnaces, which will play a key part in cutting carbon emissions at Toyota’s Deeside plant, were officially turned on today by Economy Minister Vaughan Gething as he marked National Manufacturing Day.
Powys businesses to expand operations at new site and create new skilled jobs with Welsh Government support
A Powys staircase manufacturer is expanding its operations at a new site, helping to safeguard jobs and create new skilled employment opportunities thanks to support from the Welsh Government, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
Lots to see and do: Welsh Government supporting Love Trails, Gower, Long Course Weekend, Pembrokeshire and Snowdonia Trail Marathon
The Welsh Government, through Event Wales, is supporting a summer of exciting cultural and sporting events across the nation, set against iconic Welsh landscapes.
The Welsh Government is investing £8.5 million in building significant new industrial space in Blaenau Gwent aimed at attracting leading businesses to the area, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has announced.
During a busy time in the golfing season, Asbri Golf is celebrating further business success with made-in-Wales golfing products being sold to new markets globally, thanks to export support from the Welsh Government.
Employee Ownership Day: Economy Minister sets out plans to double the number of employee-owned businesses in Wales
The Welsh Government wants to double the number of businesses in Wales that are owned by their employees, and is committed to providing greater support for worker buyouts to ensure Wales-based companies remain in Welsh hands, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething said today to mark Employee Ownership Day.
Wales – the real ‘Dragon’s Den’: Welsh Government to support 1,200 young people to start their own business
- Economy Minister commits £5 million to foster new culture of entrepreneurialism among young people in Wales.
- Plan part of Welsh Government mission to make Wales a place where more young people feel confident in planning their future.
An innovative research and development project to improve the productivity and environmental performance of businesses in the aerospace and food and drink sectors is taking place at the Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC) Cymru in Broughton.
A delegation of representatives from the Japanese Wind Power Association have been visiting North Wales this week to see some of the exciting developments under way in the region
- New vision sets out how the Welsh Government, the retail sector and trade unions will work together to develop a successful, innovative, sustainable and resilient sector.
- Retail is Wales’ biggest private sector employer - providing jobs to more than 114,000 people across the country.
- Vision sets out ambitions to ensure retail remains at the heart of Welsh communities by offering people fair work and real career opportunities.
- Includes measures to help the sector overcome workforce recruitment and retention challenges caused by the Covid pandemic and the UK’s exit from the EU, alongside the impact on operating costs and consumer habits caused by the cost-of-living crisis.