168 items found, showing page 1 of 14
Game on: Welsh companies leading the way at the Game Developers Conference
Some of Wales’ leading games development and software companies have been in San Francisco this week at the gaming industry's largest annual gathering, thanks to Creative Wales and Welsh Government support.
Wales’ new freeports unveiled
- Two new freeports set to be established in Wales - Celtic Freeport covering Milford Haven and Port Talbot, and Anglesey Freeport in North Wales.
- Both freeports aim to attract £4.9bn in public and private investments, with the potential to create around 20,000 jobs by 2030.
- Freeports designed to enhance Welsh Government investment and policies for stronger, fairer, greener local economies.
New funding to support Wales’ business, economic and research links with EU regions
New funding to help maintain and strengthen Wales’ business, economic and research ties with European regions following the UK’s exit from the EU has been announced today by the Welsh Government.
Economy Minister announces major investment to support Wales’ exports
Addressing the “Explore Export Wales” annual conference, Economy Minister Vaughan Gething will announce the Welsh Government’s full export support programme for 2023/24 and an investment of £4m to deliver it.
Minister visits 2 Sisters Support Hub
Minister for Social Justice Jane Hutt has visited the Employment Support Hub in Llangefni set up to offer help and advice to those affected by the 2 Sisters announcement.
New plan to equip today’s children and workers with the skills needed to work in the ‘net zero’ jobs of tomorrow
- New net zero skills plan sets out vision of the role skills will play in moving Wales away from the fossil-fuelled economy of the past to a new low carbon future, as part of a just transition.
- Net zero jobs will become the cornerstone of the new industries of the future, that very likely don’t yet exist.
- Economy Minister launches new plan to ensure today’s children and workers will have the skills required to work in the new jobs of tomorrow’s net zero economy.
New milk processing facility for Pembrokeshire: Welsh Government and Pembrokeshire County Council secure new jobs and investment at Pembrokeshire Food Park
The Welsh Government and Pembrokeshire County Council have completed the sale of land to a Pembrokeshire-based company for the development of a new milk-processing facility in the county, as part of a multi-million-pound investment.
New Innovation Strategy launched for a Stronger, Fairer and Greener Wales
- New innovation strategy sets out aspiration for Wales to be a leading, innovation-based nation.
- Strategy focuses on ensuring innovative new technologies are developed to help solve the biggest challenges facing communities, ensuring those solutions reach every part of society.
- Through collaboration, the aim is to bring about better healthcare, tackling the climate and nature emergencies and creating better jobs and prosperity for businesses, universities, and local communities.
Scheme aims to help more than 10,500 people into work
A new scheme which aims to support over 10,500 people who are in recovery from substance or alcohol misuse, or have mental ill-health, to get into education, training or work has been launched by the Welsh Government.
Helping businesses cut energy costs: Welsh Government and Development Bank launch new Green Business Loan Scheme
A major new loan scheme to support businesses in Wales cut their energy costs by taking steps to become greener and more energy efficient has been launched today by the Welsh Government and Development Bank of Wales.
Community-run broadband project in Michaelston Y Fedw successfully extends reach of faster broadband thanks to Welsh Government investment
A community-run broadband scheme in a rural village between Cardiff and Newport has successfully extended faster and more reliable broadband connections to even more members of the local community thanks to £525,000 funding from the Welsh Government.
International Day of Women and Girls in Science: Economy Minister visits University of South Wales to meet the growing numbers of women leaders in science [copy]
Economy Minister Vaughan Gething has marked International Day of Women and Girls in Science with visit to the University of South Wales (USW) forensic laboratory to meet with a growing number of women working in science, engineering, and maths (STEM) and to encourage more women and girls to consider a career in the sciences.